What is an Electronic Travel Authority?
Electronic Travel Authority is specific type of visa that is electronically linked to one’s passport which gives permission to a few specific foreign country nationals to enter and exit Australia for a certain period of time. Electronic Travel Authority is suitable for tourism or business visitor activities.
What are the Australia ETA visa requirement for Malaysian citizen?
- First, you need to have a valid passport issued by the Malaysian Government.
- Second, the details supplied by applicants for his/her visa must match those on their passport.
- Third, you need to make sure that you don’t have any criminal conviction and haven’t been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of a total 12 months or more. If the applicant has significant criminal convictions, they will not be allowed to enter Australia.
- Fourth, the applicant must be free from diseases such as tuberculosis when arriving at the borders of Australia.
- Fifth, Australia ETA visa allows applicant to study in Australia but not the study period must not exceed three months. You have to leave Australia after three months whether or not you finish your study. If you stay more than three months in one stay you will be penalized.
- Sixth, Age is another important factor to consider. Australia ETA visa required that regardless of age (even if the applicant is younger than 18 years old) each applicant have to apply for an ETA visa. No exception is allowed.
- Seventh, ETA visa holder are not allowed to work in Australia. If you want to work in Australia, then you need to specifically apply for work permit visas.
- Eighth, It’s your responsibility to know what ETA visa lets you do while you are in Australia.
What do I need to make an application?
First thing to do before applying for ETA visa online is make sure you are outside of Australia. You are not allowed to apply for Australia ETA Visa while you are within Australia. Then, you need to have a valid passport issued by your government, an email address and a valid credit card to complete your online application. Make sure you put the correct data online applying online. If the information you provide mismatch you will be delayed until your identity and are confirmed. You may even have refused to enter into Australia.
What can I do if I make a mistake in my application?
It is imperative that you provide correct information while you are applying. If your Australia ETA Visa details do not match your passport details you will face various problems.
We have a Preview and Modify options available so you can see the information again and modify or correct according to your need before finishing your application procedure. Once the visa is processed and the payment is received by the Australian government we will not be able to make amend for you.
That’s why we highly recommend our clients to also use our “SAVE & PREVIEW” feature in the application form. It will let you save your info so that you can review it afterwards if you don’t want to immediately finish your application procedure.
Do children also need a separate ETA Visa?
Yes, even children need a separate ETA Visa. Even if your children travel on your passport they will need a separate Australia ETA visa. You can apply for your child’s ETA visa from this site.
I am in Australia on another visa. Can I apply for an ETA to have a holiday here?
No. You can’t apply for an ETA while you are in Australia. Australia ETA Visa requires an applicant to be outside of Australian border.
I am planning a holiday for more than three months in Australia. What should I do?
Australia ETA visa only allows for maximum of three months stay on each visit. If you plan on staying more than three months, then you need to apply for another type visa.
I'm not travelling for a few months, can I order the visa today?
Yes. Australia ETA visa validity remains for 12 months from the day it was issued so you can enter and exit Australia as many times as you want during the time frame.
How long will my Australia ETA Visa take to process?
Generally, it takes 15 minutes to process the ETA visa. Sometimes it takes much longer than that. Depending on the information you provide, Australian government’s processing it can take much longer time than the general time frame. But it shouldn’t exceed 24 hours to process your visa.
How long can I stay in Australia using ETA visa?
You can stay in Australia for a maximum of three months while you are on ETA visa.
What can I do if I am not eligible to apply through this site?
If you are not able to apply for an ETA online using this website, you might be eligible to apply for other types of visitor visa or directly with an Australian consulate.
Do age restrictions apply?
No, Eligible passport holders of all ages can apply for an Australia ETA Visa. ETA visa required that each person holds their own separate ETA regardless of their age.
I am an Australian citizen with citizenship with other countries as well. Do I need Australia ETA Visa to visit Australia?
Australian citizens don’t have to apply for Australia ETA visa as they have an automatic right of entry and exit Australia whenever they want.
Why do I need to indicate that I have a Criminal Conviction while applying for Australia ETA Visa?
It is one of the precondition of Australia ETA Visa that you confirm whether or not you have a criminal conviction for which you have been sentenced for a total period of 12 months or more, whether or not the sentence/s were served. That’s why you need to specify the required information.
What conditions apply to my Australia ETA Visa?
- You can only stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each visit while you are on ETA visa.
- You can enter and exit Australia as many times as you want within 12 months that ETA Visa grant. The 12 months’ period start from the date ETA is granted and after 12 months you can no longer use your ETA visa. You have to leave Australia if your passport expired during within the 12 months’ date period ETA visa granted.
- ETA Visa requires you that you can’t study for more than three months for each visit.
- ETA visa holders must be free from tuberculosis.
- ETA visa holder doesn’t have right to work while they are in Australia. They are only allowed to take business visitor activities such as participation in trade fairs, conferences or making general business and employment enquiries and also signing, investing, negotiating, reviewing business deal etc.
- Applicant must not have any criminal convictions for which they have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not the sentence/s were served.
- It is applicant’s responsibility to know what Australia ETA Visa allows applicant to do and what is prohibited while they are in Australia. Any violation of rules will result in applicant facing appropriate consequences.
Why am I not receiving the email confirmation?
If you successfully apply for Australia ETA visa through our website, you should receive your email confirmation pretty much with a few minutes. But if you still don’t receive the confirmation email then we suggest you to:
- Make sure that your email is still valid and it didn’t become invalid for some reasons
- Check whether your email’s storage capacity is full, if its full then delete some unnecessary email to free up some space
- Check your SPAM folder in your email to see if the confirmation email is located there. It’s not uncommon for an email service to incorrectly regard a unknown mail as Spam and send it to your SPAM folder instead of your inbox folder.
- Change the email encoding if you received emails which are illegible.
What happens if I already have a visa or ETA?
If you apply for a new visa, then the new visa will replace the old visa but If you apply for an Australian ETA Visa then the system will determine whether or not you already have a valid ETA visa. If you already own a valid Australia ETA Visa, then you cannot apply for another ETA Visa.
Is my personal information safe?
Yes, all your personal information is safe. We only require data that are necessary for visa processing. All of the personal information will be permanently kept on highly secure servers functioned for DIAC in Australia. So rest assure your personal information are safe.
How secure is my credit card information on this site?
We will only use your credit card details during the transaction. We will hold your credit card details only for the duration of the transaction. Once payment has been finished and the application for an ETA has been confirmed, your credit card number will be deleted. All your transaction is encrypted as the transaction will be transmitted through to the banking network. So, rest assure your credit card details will be completely safe on this site.